Thursday, April 17, 2014

Words of warning

Jargon are words of warning. They tell you that the paragraph or sentence doesn't actually have much to say.

The biggest problem is that they cheat us.

My most guilty moments as a marketer come from those moments where I look back at something I've written and realize that it is riddled with seamless integrations for a superior customer experience that enhance your bottom line frictionlessly.

They make me hang my head in shame. Was it that the product or service I was writing about actually had no genuine merit? Was it because I don't have a f*cking clue who my target market is? Was it that I was lazy?

Sadly the worst offenses are largely due to laziness.

Worst Marketing Offense of the Day

I came across this atrocity while looking for wordpress themes. Admittedly, the theme they are selling is quite elegant... The look and feel of the site selling it is decidedly not.


No comments:

Post a Comment